Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We are currently looking at qualified candidates for the position of Forklift Operator. The primary responsibility of a Forklift Operator is to support inbound receiving and outbound shipping. Forklift Drivers are responsible for putting away all inbound freight and stocking all pick slots on the outbound side.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The Forklift Operator is primarily responsible for
- Fills all empty selection slots with product
- Pulls out empty pallets and places them is assigned area
- Sweeps / mops the floor location if necessary
- Reports all damages to supervisor immediately
- Works with U.S.D.A. Inspector and inspects / stamps various products in accordance with U.S.D.A. guidelines
- Operates all Company warehouse equipment in a safe and reliable manner as outlined in the Preferred Work Methods.
- Completes equipment check-list at start and finish of each shift.
- Reports all equipment failures to supervisor immediately.
- Ensures that warehouse is maintained in a sanitary manner according to Company standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Forklift Operator must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, have 1 years of reach truck experience, and effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
The Forklift Operator must be able to:
- Operate powered industrial equipment
- Lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 80 lbs occasionally
- Work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift
- Work nights and/or weekends as needed
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time