Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead I, Technical - Specialty
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The successful candidate for this position will play a key role in the design and development of solutions across various custom java apps. The person in this role will be required to have extensive experience in custom java solutions technology, implementation, and development methodology. This role will also be responsible for designing and documenting solutions, providing support throughout the SDLC process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery
- Work closely with business partners to understand business requirements
- Work closely with various technology teams (Operations, Security, Infrastructure, PMO) to define and implement elegant, scalable and sustainable technical solutions using the Java technology stack
- Work with other developers to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices and code quality techniques
- Establish and improve development standards and development processes
- Maintain thorough subject matter expertise of the functionality and solution architecture
- Responsible for the detailed design of technical solutions, Proof-of-Concepts (POC), prototyping and documentation of technical design throughout the SDLC process
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with key technology team members
- Write code for Proof-of-concepts and prototypes in support of solution architecture activities
- Stay current on emerging technologies in the custom development, SDLC tools, Continuous Integration, DevOps and automation technologies
- Prepare and present technology upgrade proposals to leadership in the areas of custom development and Agile SDLC
- Provide support for the deployment tasks and after hour on-call support
- Lead troubleshooting and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Bachelor’s degree required; or 4 years equivalent experience
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 7-8 years of combined IT experience
- 3+ years of solution design and lead experience building custom Java/JEE applications
- 3+ years of solution design and lead experience building customer C applications
- 5+ years Java/JEE design and development experience
- 5+ years C design and development experience
- 5+ years of experience using frameworks like DropWizard, Spring (Core, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, etc.) or other Open Source Software (like Netflix OSS, Apache, etc.)
- 3+ years of solution design and lead experience building custom applications
- 4+ years of experience using SQL (like Oracle, MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (like MongoDB, Couchbase, Postgress, Redis, etc.) databases and persistence frameworks (like JPA, Hibernate, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience with version control system (using Git, Subversion or similar)
- 3+ years of experience with test driven development (TDD)
- 3+ years of experience utilizing Continuous Integration (CI) severs (like Hudson, Jenkins, Atlassian suite or similar) for build and process automation (CD)
- 2+ years of experience with one of the dynamic object oriented programing language like Groovy, JRuby/Ruby or Python
- Strong object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of utilizing various design patterns
- Knowledge and experience with Microservices & Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) methods and implementation technologies
- Experience building & deploying application on a cloud platform is a plus (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience leading and mentoring other developers is a plus
- Experience configuring/administering JEE application servers is preferred (Tomcat, Jettty, Weblogic, etc.)
- Experience with web-scale distributed system implementations is preferred
- 2+ years of industry knowledge preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Java Developer is preferred
- Certified C Developer is preferred
- Experience with Agile processes is preferred
- Experience with DevOps (CI-CD) is preferred
- This position is typically performed from a Corporate facility in Houston, TX or Cypress, TX, but may also be remote
- Moderate travel
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time