Facility Maintenance Supervisor
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Dito's Fresh Cuts
Zip Code: 99518
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the cleaning, repair and preventative maintenance of the building, grounds and production equipment in a timely and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages daily in building, grounds, sanitation, refrigeration systems, power industrial equipment and security systems maintenance.
- Assists Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager with training initiatives and coordinates for emergency response preparedness. Assist the Safety Manager with third party audit preparation and corrective actions.
- Assists in the proper selection, utilization and inventory of Company assets in support of the facilities and security departments. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Assist onsite in coordinating with third party vendors, including but not limited to, janitorial, pest services, security, external contractors and facility maintenance. Specify and obtain price quotes building systems to make recommendations on serviceability.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within facility maintenance and security.
- Follows preventative maintenance schedules for all systems, equipment, and buildings including: HVAC Systems, fire protection and security Systems, electrical and energy management, dock doors/dock plate systems, power industrial equipment, building components (roof, interior & exterior floors/walls, doors, paved surfaces and landscaping).
- Manage staff (including supervision of activities of all outside contractors working on premises), recruitment, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions (if applicable).
- Manage temperature monitoring activities including daily monitoring reports and reading and documenting TempTel records.
- Perform daily environmental inspections and swab testing and the related documentation.
- Consistently follows Company policies and procedures.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. On-call availability.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, etc.)
- Conduct regular chemical and paper product inventories
- Perform other job duties as assigned by the General Manager or designee.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum of (1) one year related experience supervising others.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- HAZWOPER 24 hrs Training required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- General understanding of building maintenance, refrigeration, plumbing, processing equipment, and welding accepted practices and procedures.
- Excellent trouble shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Familiar with local building codes and OSHA regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call. The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.). The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time