Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
HR Business Partner II
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Business Services
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco Shared Services, we serve up exceptional service, executing standardized processes in key business operations such as Finance, Human Resources, and Client Services. Our collaborative, cross-functional team and continuous improvement culture sets Sysco apart and provides us with a competitive advantage in the marketplace. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a high performing organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, results-oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Partners with Lead Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to align business objectives with associates and leadership in designated business functions within Shared Services. Serves as a consultant to leadership on Human Resource related issues and formulates partnerships across the HR function to ensure delivery of value-added programs and services to leadership and associates that support the business objectives of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides coaching and guidance to leadership and associates regarding employment issues, including but not limited to: policy and procedure interpretation/application, performance management, corrective action, internal investigations and separations. Partners with corporate HR centers of expertise to develop and deliver comprehensive solutions to internal customers.
- Works closely with Lead HRBP to implement annual engagement survey. Analyzes and reviews findings with leaders, facilitates action planning and follows up to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Works closely with Lead HRBP to facilitate the talent review process to identify and develop talent throughout the organization.
- Support the talent acquisition organization in managing top talent attraction and internal movement within the organization.
- Facilitate change management initiatives and requirements with leadership and associates.
- Proactively monitors talent management processes and practices to identify areas for improvement and uses findings to recommend improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of processes & systems. Plans and executes assigned cross-functional projects in consultation with Lead HRBP- including data analysis and interpretation.
- Documents associate inquiries, issues, and transactions as appropriate in order to identify trends and recommend solutions to intervene on systemic issues and mitigate their impact.
- Develops presentations, recommendations and action plans based on facts and best practices.
- Participates in monthly new associate orientation to present HR related policies and practices.
- Manages special projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or HR- related field required.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
5 years of progressive Human Resources experience as HR specialist (COE) and/or generalist functions in a corporate environment.
3 years’ experience in COE/HR Specialist role (talent acquisition, D&I, compensation, organization development) leading projects, processes or executing initiatives within a business unit.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Strong working knowledge of employment law and government regulations including EEOC, OSHA, FLSA.
PHR/SPHR certification preferred. Strong ability in Microsoft Office suite.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to interpret and evaluate data and recommend solutions to non-recurring problems.
- Requires exceptional independent judgment and discretion in determining how to approach and solve problems.
- Ability to think through multiple alternatives and potential consequences to determine the best outcome.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with good vocabulary and good grammar.
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communication (e.g., memos, reports, policies) and presentations for a variety of audience levels.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other leadership staff, associates and external contacts.
- Strong presentation and facilitator skills with ability to present information effectively verbally and through written communication to a wide range of people (e.g., executives, leaders, associates, vendors, etc.)
- Ability to execute tasks independently with minimal supervision in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Excellent organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks with large volumes of data.
- Strong attention to detail necessary to ensure integrity of data and quality work product.
- Ability to reflect organizational values and behaviors.
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- SBS Leaders (VPs, Sr. Directors, Directors), extended SBS HR team
- SBS COE Partners (HR, Legal, Benefits, Training, Diversity, Total Rewards, Compliance, etc.)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position must be performed from the SBS office facility in Cypress, Texas.
- Must be able to travel as needed – up to 20% - to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive 401K and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time