Director of Purchasing
Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Job Summary: This is a merchandising position responsible for overall performance and management of the merchandising department which includes but is not limited to: end customer order fulfillment, inventory management with intent to maintain lowest possible DSO, merchandising activities that enhance profitability (realized equity and earned income overall gross margin), support sales growth, logistics and achieving warehouse operations efficiencies as it relates to inbound product, management and directing/developing department staff. Manages Buckhead Dallas total product assortment to meet sales demands. Performs other related duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct local merchandising and supplier resources.
- Drive Buckhead results based on company needs and support sales initiatives.
- Grow company gross margins and earned income while achieving company sales and operational efficiency targets.
- Manage shrink and approve credits as needed.
- Program development management.
- Run end of day processes; daily purchase transaction register and update.
- Sign off daily on purchasing and transfer packages.
- Manage the purchasing and merchandising of products in effort to enhance customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Perform supplier reviews to evaluate overall vendor performance.
- Manage a key product category.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department meetings; maintain on-going interaction; keep open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitor associate morale; and respond to ideas and implement to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Directs activities for category management and sourcing to meet corporate benchmarks.
- Collaborate with intrastate SSMC to achieve best possible freight options.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university required
- 5 years foodservice management in foodservice distribution
- Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience could be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in planning marketing strategies and successful public relations efforts.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a valid Drivers’ License; provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Time management
- Professionalism – Approaches in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, plan and organize activities, analyze and disseminate information.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time while maintaining and organizing daily merchandising activities.
- Excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as but not limited to Outlook, Microsoft Office, Excel spreadsheets, SAP, AS400, DPR
- Considerable working knowledge of merchandising principles, win-win negotiation techniques. Foodservice product knowledge.
- Strong in practices associated with inventory control.
- General finance concepts and basic accounting principles.
- Strength in communication skills to maintain inter-departmental relations.
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all applicable Leadership Framework competencies.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Some travel maybe required.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time