Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Developer II, Applications - Specialty Meat
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Description of responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Business Partners on requirements and solution design
- Provide estimates and prepare technical specification based on understanding of functional specification
- Design and code based on development standards and approaches
- Perform development quality checks
- Perform unit test
- Assist with functional acceptance testing as needed
- Provide timely defect resolution to minimize delays in project time-line
- Assist with code build and deployment process
- Provide timely status update
- Contribute, understand and adhere to Application Development processes, software development standards, and technical approaches relevant to assigned technology
- Provide after-hours support
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred
Skills and experience:
- 3 - 5 years of overall IT work experience
- 2 - 5 years of experience in C, Java, or .Net
- Knowledge of software development standards and best practice approaches
- Exposure to business and functional areas
- Exposure to Agile development methodology
- Ability to perform multiple duties concurrently with attention to detail and quality
- Ability to prioritize and manage work under the guidance of the Technical Lead and supervision of the Manager
- Ability to proactively monitor and communicate for timely escalation of issues
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug in assigned technology
- Ability to interact with internal and external team members
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to understand and follow BT department data metrics requirements (such as time recording and project tracking)
- Ability to understand and comply with all SYSCO Corporate policies
- Technical Skills:
- Experience in creating applications using at least 2 of the following; C, Java or .Net programming languages is desired
- Experience operating in a Unix, AIX or Linux environment
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time