Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend Business Intelligence infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Lambda, Data Pipeline, Dynamo-DB, API Gatway), operating systems (Windows, Linux) and application environments (Oracle DB, SQL Server, IIS), with anemphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud first principles.The successful candidate must have a B.S in Computer Science (or equivalent), plus a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large Amazon AWS based BI/DW solutions or similar on-premise solutions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based BI/DW production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- B.S in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- AWS or similar on-Premise solutions: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, Redshift, EMR, Lambda, API Gatways, Dynamo-DB) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS BI/DW based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practices.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x6 uptime Amazon AWS BI/DW environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C#).
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to define business problems and articulate solutions in written form
- Data exploration skills using advanced Excel or BI visualization tools
- Ability to write SQL code without a dependency on an intermediary, guided interface (e.g., a drag and drop tool) and facility with data manipulation in SQL
- Excellent written and oral communication skills relating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-driven to help team members succeed and deliver relevant timely products
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time