Sr Mgr, Carrier Development
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Summary of Position
Responsible for assuring the best sustainable cost management with optimal service to support our Sysco Network including all specialty companies and Redistribution Centers. This role will cover all modes of Sysco controlled shipments, with focus on service and cost; responsible to contract and negotiate the carrier capacity to meet or exceed service level expectations. Manages the service program leveraging a team of associates to drive capacity and service for Sysco.
- Responsible for Carrier Relationship Management program, which includes conducting and managing formal carrier service performance reviews routinely.
- Develop a culture of Continuous Process Improvement and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to create Carrier Scorecard using internal feedback and data provided by multiple sources/tools.
- Responsible for Cost Management program, which includes securing capacity and managing cost effective carrier base in support of Supply Chain.
- Develop cost savings/avoidance initiatives through business case work including: loadfill, mode shifts, supplier conversions, and cross-dock opportunities
- Conducts & drives process driven procurement activities in support of large/small scale national, regional, and local bids. This includes the end-to-end process – bid strategy,carrier negotiations, & execution in partnership with peers.
- Support optimization initiatives and enhancements to increase carrier acceptance levels; i.e. dwell reduction, customer service responsiveness with strategic partners and beyond.
- Work closely with NITC, Market Logistics Teams, SCIM, Supplier Services and other internal teams on Supply Chain to drive improvements including Carrier Forums.
- Work with transportation invoicing and audit team to resolve issues regarding payment and rates
- Responsible for supporting all Sysco Markets and all OPCO’s / RDC within those markets.
- Responsible for delivering against financial & operational metrics for assigned Markets & OPCOs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5-7 years transportation experience required
- Sysco Operating Company experience is a plus
- Sysco logistics experience is a plus
- Carrier development experience with a large shipper is required
- Implementation of service tracking/program is a plus
- Refrigerated transportation experience is required
- Contract negotiation and management required
- Analytical skills required
- Financial P&L responsibility required
- Food service or grocery experience is preferred
Technical Skills and Abilities
- Sourcing Strategy Development – Disciplined, purposeful process to leverage your business presence in the marketplace, deliver against business needs and provide a competitive advantage now and in the future. Improve total value for the company with respect to capacity and service. Interpret business and market data to shape insights which can be used to develop sourcing strategy.
- Negotiations – Possess strong negotiation skills, including methodology and planning preparation. Prepare for and conduct negotiations in alignment with sourcing strategy driving outcomes legitimate to both parties. internal stakeholders
- Carrier Selection & Contracting – Identify and qualify carrier through rigorous criteria in accordance with sourcing strategy and establishes robust contract agreements.
- Understand and comply with Sysco Corp. policies, procedures and business conduct, customs, governmental policies, and environmental regulations
- Financial Analysis and Planning – Holistic approaches for applying processes and tools related to cost management and financial analysis to maximize margins and cash flow. Conduct and leverage predictive spend analysis, and understand policies and controls to ensure compliance. Strong Analytical capabilities.
- Carrier Relationship Management - Demonstrates the ability to use a range of tools and techniques to improve carrier performance. Effectively works with carriers to unlock value from the relationship. Implement Performance Metrics & Tracking, which creates measures and supporting data utilized to determine if the tower / sourcing group strategies are meeting their objectives in the most efficient way.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time