Software Engineer - Sales & Marketing Technologies
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The successful candidate for this position will perform the Software Engineer II (Developer II) role within the Sales & Marketing’s business technology organization to design and develop solutions that focuses on improving the user experience. In this hands-on role, the Software Engineer II will be working within a product team to understand the requirements, formulate technical designs, and implement and test solutions to ensure compliance to requirements and technical standards. This role will be required to have experience in utilizing DevOps best practices in building, testing, deploying and supporting a product/platform.
Sysco’s Business Technology department brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer and business-oriented team. Our focus is to provide innovative business solutions that eliminate waste, maximize customer satisfaction and improve business productivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with product owner and business stakeholders to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Provide timely defect resolution to minimize delays in project time-line
- Design and participate in the development and delivery of operability-related features such as system health monitoring, diagnostics and repair automation
- Conduct performance evaluations of new technology upgrades and critical software/ hardware changes and design and prepare performance/stress/redundancy test plans and scripts
- Coordinate and participate in emergency responses, perform root cause analysis, identify and implement solutions to prevent re-occurrences
- Stay current on on emerging technologies and trends
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership team including after-hours support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 3-6 years of combined IT experience
- 3-6 years in solution design and lead experience building custom applications
- 3-6 years of experience using frameworks like Spring (Core, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Batch, etc.) or other Open Source Softwares (like Dropwizard, Netflix OSS, Apache, etc.)
- 3-6 years years experience using SQL (Postgres, MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, etc.) databases and persistence frameworks (JPA, Hibernate, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with version control system (using Git, Subversion or similar)
- 1+ years of experience with test driven development (TDD)
- 1+ years of experience utilizing Continuous Integration (CI) servers (like, GoCD, Jenkins, Concourse or similar) for build and process automation (CD)
- Experience building & deploying application on a cloud platform is a plus (AWS specially) is BIG PLUS
- Experience with SOLR, Lucene or ElasticSearch is a big plus
- Experience with web-scale distributed system implementations is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Microservices & Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) methods and implementation technologies
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Java Developer is a big plus
- Experience with Agile processes is preferred
- Experience with DevOps (CI-CD) is preferred
- This position will be performed from a corporate facility in Houston, TX
- No Travel
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time