Produce Planner / Advisor
Company: Sysco Oklahoma
Zip Code: 73069
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
In Collaboration with the Produce Director or Manager, negotiate, procure, and coordinate the effective distribution of Category 11 products and services to customers through Sysco Broadline Operating Companies. Establish and execute strategy for the produce category to meet or exceed profitable sales targets supported by effectively managing OPCO designated service levels. Provide training, product information, regulatory guidance, and customer service to internal and external customers in support of the distribution of products and services as needed
- Procurement–Replenishment Maintain appropriate inventory levels in meeting customer demand (Service Level) while maximizing inventory turns and controlling shrink.
- Support Category Management by providing product assortment and sku rationalization recommendations that are aligned with your customer demand.
- Align with and implement a "local" and "sustainable" program where applicable.
- Insure OPCO participation and comprehension of sourcing programs.
- Meet or exceed appropriate contract compliance.
- Exploit effective utilization of PRDC and RDC platforms where appropriate.
- Provide timely and effective communication with Sales force including but not limited to market conditions, product quality and availability, new items and applications.
- Establish with the Produce Director/Manager impactful (S.M.A.R.T.) fiscal CMP Goals aligned with Opco and Corporate targets. Accepts accountability in reaching these goals.
- Daily analysis of assigned product demand while managing replenishment alignment. Meet or exceed Opco service level goals.
- Effective Shrink management. Maintain appropriate Days of Supply on Hand (DSOs) to insure meeting customer demand while and Opco shrink tolerance.
- Supply Chain Logistics management. Identify and execute strategies to maximive cost effective results. This includes but is not limited to "Load-Fill", Consolidation, Cross-Dock, Market relevant freight cost and carrier service level.
- Supplier Selection – Collaborate with the Produce Manager as well as Produce Market Director to insure appropriate alignment with Category Managed Supplier Programs. Maintain contract compliance and coach appropriate supplier service level.
- Risk management – Insure product integrity and wholesomeness by purchasing solely from Sysco GAP/GMP approved Suppliers. Supply sources must be compliant with Sysco’s Food Safety requirements. This includes Hold Harmless (HHA), Cerificate of Insurance (COI), and Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HACCP) certifications.
- Meet produce profit plan goals? This is covered in the Summary
- Transportation Management
- Responsible for logistics on all inbound products utilizing efficient loading strategy and employing PRDC, consolidation and re- distribution where appropriate. Collaborate with TMS and Optimization teams in capturing all available freight related efficiencies.
- Drive effective adoption of Corp logistics strategies.
- Support produce sales opportunities by collaborating with Business Development and Sales/Marketing management in developing successful sales strategy in growing profitable sales.
- Support through procurement innovative, impactful produce marketing/promotional agendas.
- Support category sales training of Marketing Associates.
- Utilize available contract programs and resources to support sales strategies.
- Quality Assurance
- Insure quality integrity of all inbound and outbound Category 11 products. Works closely with Quality Assurance lead(s) and in conjunction with Operations and Transportation Management.
- Work with inventory control to manage expiration dating through SWMS reports.
- Fiscal Accountability
- Manage and direct effective control of product shrink.
- Maximize earned income opportunities through increased cases billed through SMS.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations
- High School Education or GED equivalen required
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of culinary/food service education and experience.
- Two years of Produce and/or Food Service procurement experience preferred.
Integrity & Accountability
- Speaks and acts with complete honesty and trustworthiness.
- Owns mistakes and promptly addresses them.
Flexibility & Adaptability
- Promptly adjusts to new circumstances and modifies approach.
- Demonstrates openness to changes and ideas.
- Challenges status quo; identifies new approaches and spots untapped opportunities
Problem Solving and Decision making
- Anticipates and confronts issues and problems early on.
- Uses facts and selects approaches that will work and have the greatest impact.
Building Effective Relationships
- Proactively initiates connections with key stakeholders and team members. Responds to unexpected problems by encouraging dialogue; avoids volatile reactions and excessive criticism.
- Planning and Organizing: Must establish courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Contributing to Team Success: Associate participates as a member of a Team to help the Team accomplish its goals.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting to new work structures, processes.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and collaborating with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Customer Focus: Educates customers. Shares information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks; self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing a concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the on
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time