Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Outbound Warehouse Clerk
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Metro New York
Location: US-NJ-Jersey City
Zip Code: 07305
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
- Run reports necessary for the night’s workload (Special instructions, Special Orders Item, Handstack Report).
- Research all double check customers and have the loads reserved.
- Check loads that are designated on the special instructions report. (If waiting on pallets, spot check the pallets that are already located on the loading dock)
- Verify that the special order items are selected and placed on the correct pallet.
- Verify that the weights are correct on the catch weight variation report.
- Check any reshipped orders if necessary.
- Check any new accounts that are being delivered.
- Gather all paperwork from the course on the night and place it in the Manager’s mailbox.
- Fill out checker audit spreadsheet to track work for the night.
- Research product that could not be found via short chaser (warehouse out).
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- One year prior warehouse experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employee must be able to stand, walk, bend, stoop and squat throughout an eight hour shift. (plus overtime)
- Occasionally tear down a pallet which includes lifting cases and objects from and to heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder and overhead ranging in weight from 10 to 75 pounds.
- Uses hand to finger dexterity to peel and stick labels, handle or feel objects and or equipment controls, or reach with hands and arm.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time