Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
FFE Marketing Manager
Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Please DO NOT click green "Apply" button
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 88 countries. Rapidly approaching a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its’ business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Product Marketing Manager leads the development and execution of the overall marketing strategy to grow the Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment (FF&E) category and go-to market strategy for hospitality. This strategic category makes up $90mm in sales and has significant growth potential for our organization. FF&E will be a key focus area for growth within this vertical and requires a strong marketing leader to support developing category plans to expand FF&E reach and market share within hospitality.
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing annual marketing plans & budgets, identifying and developing appropriate product portfolios for our customer base, managing key vendor/partner relationships to maximize reach to internal/external customer base, drive awareness of FF&E trends & innovation and ensure FF&E product positioning and programs are well executed. The Product Marketing Manager also manages all FF&E Product Marketing Associates and ensures adequate sales and supplier support across the category.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Lead the development/execution of strategic plan for category growth.
- Develop go-to market strategy for FF&E category to build awareness of Guest Supply’s capabilities, services, and offerings.
- Identify and develop product portfolio for appropriate hotel segments and customer base.
- Partner with Sales and Corporate Accounts teams in the development of annual marketing plan to support category growth.
- Work closely with leadership to support brand strategy, acting as a key point of contact to ensure brand standards are maintained.
Manage FF&E Product Marketing Associates
- Direct, coordinate and monitor the daily activities & performance of Product Marketing Associates – FF&E to assure compliance of standard Company policies, procedures, quality and safety. Coach and develop team in balancing the delivery of high productivity, quality and customer service. Maintain a positive and safe work environment.
- Oversee employee relations and participate in staff selection, performance and compensation evaluations, corrective action and terminations, as necessary. Establish performance goals, monitor progress and provide feedback as necessary. Manage employee performance through motivation, delegation, development, mentoring and resolving conflict. Take corrective action as necessary in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy. Provide and/or coordinate training as needed. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Conduct regular department meetings to foster employee engagement, communicate any changes to company policies and procedures, address employee concerns, foster idea sharing and suggestions for improvement.
Act as lead subject matter expert and key category contact for internal teams and vendor/partners.
- Manage internal Sales, Corporate Accounts and Customer Service requests, including representing segment POV and information needed for bid fulfillments and training.
- Partner with communications for awareness, promotion and training for FF&E products and services across internal departments (Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, etc.) and customers (i.e. incentives, etc.).
- Aign with Business Services team regarding contracts and rebates when relevant.
Setting annual objectives
- Lead ongoing FF&E category and programs business analysis.
- Lead FF&E product positioning and competitive pricing recommendation/analysis.
- Partner internally to implement new product and marketing innovations.
- Research as needed to expand FF&E product category knowledge.
Develop category sales tools & training materials.
- Lead the creation of category services and product/program materials to support category growth.
- Support production needs of FF&E product category across internal/external design services.
- Identify FF&E category and segmented product opportunities (i.e. Green, etc.).
- Ensure Box product content and additional internal libraries are consistently up to date.
Manage content and updates for appropriate marketing category of:
- Customer touch points (catalog, website, brochures and external collateral site, order form or price guides, etc.)
- Internal touch points (People Soft, SKU Rationale, GSI net, intranet, image library, etc.)
- Establish pricing guideslines (High, Low and Target) and maintain Sales Representative cost.
- Participate in events and/or trade show execution, including attendance.
- Document business processes or workflows as needed.
- Perform additional marketing/sales support related tasks as required or assigned.
Minimum Education, Including Degrees and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field.
Minimum Experience (Years and Type of Experience):
- 5-7 years of work experience in a marketing or category management function.
- People Leadership experience required
- Knowledge of hospitality industry preferred.
- Knowledge of Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment categories preferred.
Skills and Abilities (Type and Proficiency):
- Category Management/Marketing – Has experience managing a product category from a marketing, merchandising, category management, or brand management standpoint, including but not limited to assessment of market conditions, trends & insights, sku rationalization & supplier management, pricing recommendations & analytics, and development of supplier relationships and coinciding negotiation. Ability to assess and measure marketing effectiveness. Coordinate development and delivery of creative assets and sales tools/training.
- Strategy – Has experience and demonstrated success developing and executing business and/or category strategic growth plans. Create integrated marketing plans to help ensure merchandising and promotional efforts achieve sales objectives and align with overall brand strategies
- Financial - Must possess general business financial acumen, strong analytical skills, and experience analyzing market and competitive pricing, developing pricing strategy and pricing products to maximize growth and profit.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to mentor and develop individuals and teams. Able to engage and lead team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Collaborative management style and strategic team player. Delegates responsibilities effectively. Recognizes and acknowledges the value others bring to the organization.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from suppliers, customers, management and inter-department staff. Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings. Understands team dynamics and works well within a team structure. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- A mastery of organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Able to manage large, complex projects. Uses time effectively.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook) and Publisher. PeopleSoft ERP preferred.
- Copywriting experience preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other office equipment (including photographic), and telephone to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While this position will primarily work in an office environment, this position will require travel to and from internal and customer events as needed (approximately 10%). Limited overnight travel is required to attend company events, staff meetings, training sessions, and vendor events.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle for business travel that may result in long periods of sitting.
- If working remote, must have required equipment and software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in customer or conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Please DO NOT click green "Apply" button
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time