Business Development Manager
Company: Buckhead Meat of Northeast
Zip Code: 02886
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
This position directly interacts with all levels of SYSCO Operating company officers and management. Increase sales of portion steaks & chops, small box, byproducts and all other Buckhead Meat products. Must be able to prepare and present sales presentations to Sysco Marketing Associates and restaurant management on all levels. Create and maintain marketing plan and features weekly, monthly and quarterly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Sell all Buckhead Meat products to Sysco operating companies and assist in selling product to their customers
- Prepare and demonstrate product lines with all facets of restaurant personnel
- Interact with all Sysco Merchandising with issue resolution and sales growth
- Interact with all Sales Management to develop marketing programs to stimulate sales
- Manage corporate accounts as needed.
- Work with Sysco Op-Co Protein managers with training and development of Sysco MA Sales Force
- Schedule and plan all Sysco Op-Co Food Shows
- Prepare sales reports
- Communicate with Production and Warehousing to assure 100% Op-Co satisfaction
- Plan and schedule meetings with all Sysco Protein Managers to generate increased sales and profits. Schedule and co-ordinate quarterly OneSysco meetings.
- Work independently with supervision as needed
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: As required
- Know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- Conduct periodic safety inspections of my department and have any safety issues found addressed immediately.
- Train and promote safe work practices and use observations to check on employee’s work habits. Use the company’s disciplinary policy to enforce safe work practices.
- Promote participation in the safety program to all employees.
- To ensure compliance with government compliance issues (such as OSHA, DOT, EPA, and FDA) as directed by management.
This position is responsible for Directing and managing all Sysco Inter-Company sales representatives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- General Computer abilities including MS Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Meat experience and management experience required culinary experience a plus.
- Sales calls and presentation skills required.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with others.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish helpful.
Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as probability and statistic inference to practical situations.
Position requires frequent sitting, working on computer, talking on telephone, occasional standing, walking and light lifting of up to 40 Lbs.
Works independently in a collaborative fashion. On the road position / travel (some overnight travel). Major objective is to support Op-Co sales team opportunities identified by management. Grow individual OPCOs business.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time