Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Meat Production Supervisor
Company: Buckhead Beef New Jersey
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
This position monitors all cut shop activity along all production lines. Also, directs movement of raw materials into the production facility. Directly supervises all meat cutters.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager. Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Meat’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the training room.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Monitor and supervise all personnel assigned to the cut shop.
- Develop and train new personnel.
- Direct raw materials entering the cut shop.
- Ensure that all products leaving for packaging are cut to specification and properly identified.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with HACCP and Sysco Corp. guidelines.
- Maintain profitability by monitoring product yields and meeting deadlines for product readiness.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Identify potential marketable by-products and production opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Know and understand the company’s safety, food safety, and health goals and their objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- Help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- Report all non-compliances, accidents, injuries or illnesses to supervisor immediately
- Must have 5 years’ experience in food service meat cutting and processing
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to multitask
- Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with “Just in time” manufacturing practices
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time