Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manager, Cost Strategy
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
This role is responsible for leading solution design and development that optimize components of the margin waterfall and for overseeing the price architecture modeling and analytics processes to drive cost and price decisions that impact enterprise wide profitability and growth. In addition, this role will be responsible for partnering with Merchandising, Sales, and Finance stakeholders to execute strategies developed from headquarters into a distributed field organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead strategic initiatives to optimize price/cost components of the margin waterfall across product categories, leverage data analytics to create insight and recommendations, and develop tools/processes to enable the organization to better use price as a strategic driver
- Analyze existing cost strategies and model potential changes to strategies to quantify sales and profitability impact to customer segments, brands, markets, and channels
- Partner with Sales, Merchandising, Finance, and IT stakeholders to drive alignment, execution and adoption of initiatives at corporate and in the field
- Measure impact of various price/cost strategies and levers and communicate value created from implementing strategies and solutions to senior leadership team
- Develop a high performing team that can successfully execute changes and be seen as a strategic business partner for Merchandising
- Optimize how Sysco sets transfer cost by enhancing models and analytics to include market intelligence, customer pricing sensitivity, and profitability impacts
- Provide day-to-day leadership to team to complete assigned projects
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, or other business related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of progressive experience
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Business Objects required
- 3+ year business consulting experience in Revenue Optimization/Economics/Finance/Pricing
- Professional experience in transaction profitability assessment, margin and revenue analysis, price waterfall analysis, or equivalent relevant experience in professional consulting services
- Wholesale food distribution or consumer packaged goods industry experience a significant advantage
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrates influencing skills with the ability to easily connect in a credible manner with leadership
- Able to drive consensus among key stakeholders with diverse needs and interests
- Collaborative team player who is able to synthesize feedback and direction from multiple stakeholders
- Track record of building high performing teams and developing strong team members
Planning, Organizing, and Execution Skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment, adapting to shifting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Solid team and project management skills to develop implementation plans and drive execution where appropriate
- Skilled at analyzing volumes of data, extracting key insights, and presenting a clear and compelling message
- Strong communicator who can design impactful presentations to executive stakeholders
- Organizationally savvy and able to appropriately tailor messages and mediums, synchronize, socialize, and cascade communications
- Ability to take a business question or problem and develop a structured framework for using data analytics to answer or solve problem
- Ability to translate complex data analysis into actionable business insights to drive decisions
- Possesses a strong general business acumen
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position’s job functions will be carried out in a professional office environment and will be performed at Operating Company location
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time