Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Product Manager manages a set of product categories within the business center. He or she leads the internal processes for core assortment steady state changes, issue resolution involving internal and external stakeholders (e.g. OpCos, Suppliers, Customers). This will include product training, product mix analysis, promotional and price negotiations, and the development and marketing of new items. He or she will perform ongoing product evaluations to ensure specification adhearnces and awareness of items in the marketplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Product & Pricing Management
- Advises and gives direction toward new item set-up and creates complete system maintenance as required
- Determine and execute, as needed, enhancements and changes to current product pricing structure
- Determines and executes strategies for product packaging needs and changes within the category
- Maintains SRDT and completes change forms
- Is responsible for ongoing product evaluations and documentation to ensure compliance and maintain awareness of trends, new items and innovation
Category Management and Product Development
- Follows the 6-Step Category Management Process to drive sales growth, deliver Value, Variety and Innovation to the marketplace while maximizing efficiency and lowering operational costs
Financial Management and Accountability
- Gathers and contributes input for plan creation
- Ensures pricing is accurate and intervenes and corrects when needed
- Responsible for all corporate managed supplier AR/AP and pricing/service related issues.
- Attend monthly/quarterly supplier business reviews.
- Enhance supplier relations through innovation, sales growth and issue resolution.
- Leads the internal processes for core assortment steady state changes and changes to core suppliers’ ship points, per the direction of the Category Leadership; effectively works with key stakeholder groups for successful implementation.
- Conducts Sales initiated presentations and resources to support and enable profitable, sustainable sales growth.
- Creates and deliver solutions to address customer needs through product, price and optimal assortment.
- Contributes to the creation and training of field ready product knowledge and sales enabling tools.
- Provides OpCo Sales Meeting and event assistance when called upon.
Additional tasks as required to achieve business results.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and Sysco merchandising, pricing and/or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and foodservice industry experience.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
The candidate must possess mid-level Microsoft Excels skill sets, specifically V lookups, manipulating pivot tables, filtering and sorting functions as well as knowledge of with internal systems such as AS240, RME, Sysco Intranet and Business Objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed from the corporate facility.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time