Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: European Imports
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
Basic Function & Responsibility:
Deliver orders to our customers on time, in good condition and in a professional manner. Maintain high level of accuracy and work safely at all times. Must adhere to various company policies, work rules, and state and federal regulations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- *Ability to safely operate 18’-22’ straight truck.
- *Deliver food and related items to customers, unload and verify all returns, verify that pickups have been returned, collect and count C.O. D. orders, organize invoices, organize cash and checks for check in procedure, accurately count and load back-haul products and correctly mark invoices noting returns, shorts, etc.
- *Familiar with DOT regulations, maintain DOT required logs, physicals, and hours of service.
- Perform other job functions associated with the Transportation Department.
General working conditions – exposed to adverse conditions 40% or less of time.
General supervision is received from the Transportation Supervisor.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is required. Must be able to use computer key pad and have various other computer skills.
- Must have basic English reading and writing ability, ability to perform basic mathematics, (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and have the ability to communicate well in English. Must be highly organized.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and maintain a valid DOT medical card.
- CDL B license required with air brakes endorsement.
- Must have the physical ability to move in and out of a truck on an average of 70 times daily, must be able to sit, stand and squat for long periods of time, lift up to 80 lbs (regularly 20 lbs), be able to push and pull product, operate safely and be able to continuously drive up to 10 hours.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time