Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Forklift Mechanic Technician
Company: Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
To provide safe, reliable and cost efficient MHE by performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns. May need to help and assist with Facility repairs as needed.
- Perform quality preventative maintenance inspections per company methods on all MHE, perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all MHE.
- Organize and maintain inventory for regularly used parts and place orders upon manager’s approval.
- Repairs any equipment breakdowns or malfunctions of electrical, mechanical or hydraulic system to ensure that warehouse functions are not interrupted.
- Document all work performed on Work Order using proper format.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years’ experience in MHE maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to read and comprehend basic instructions.
- Must be able to perform simple tasks independently after being given specific instructions.
- Must be safe reliable worker.
- Possess the ability to interact and communicate with all staff and management in English.
- Provide own set of basic tools to perform job.
- Basic knowledge and skill of all MHE Systems and Components.
- Basic knowledge and skills in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment.
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of his job.
- This work requires the following physical activities: driving, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 100 lbs. of material, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motion, speaking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time