Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Buckhead Beef Rhode Island
Zip Code: 02886
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
We are looking for hard working people that want to be part of a growing team. We need meat cutters with previous experience to further trim and portion cut steaks & chops. You will work as part of a team to cut product to specification. Need an eye for detail, knife skills and previous experience. Buckhead Meat Company is part of the Sysco Corporation the largest foodservice distributor in the nation, come see what we have to offer as part of our team
Cutting and processing of custom orders and standard inventory.
Non-Exempt Full Time
- Opening packages of meat for trimmers and meat cutters averaging 10-12 pounds each
- Assisting in trimming of meat prior to processing in the B-55 machine & trim-line
- Separate and space portion cut steaks after being processed through the Trim-line/B-55 machine to be weighed.
- Cut meat into beef stew
- Package stew and bi-product into 5 pound weighed
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines.
- Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, assigned to you.
- Complete other duties as requested by supervisor wipe down ceilings and tables for condensation prior to meat cutters start
- Hours need to be flexible Subject to Company needs
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
- Work overtime when asked
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping are regular activities for this employee. Color vision is required the ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing area. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time