Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director of Transportation
Company: SYGMA Denver
Zip Code: 80238
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
Responsible for the efficient and timely delivery of product to our customers, accomplished through thorough planning and an on-going process of monitoring driver performance, equipment condition and performance, and business volume, while effectively managing expenses in an ever-changing environment.
- Closely monitor driver performance via use of the trip master and other control features.
- Maintain detailed records of driver pay, equipment maintenance and equipment performance.
- Review driver logs and paperwork to ensure accuracy and adherence to policy and DOT regulations.
- Closely monitor equipment to ensure safe operation and minimize breakdowns. Order necessary parts and equipment used in driver performance of responsibilities.
- Review routing and make the necessary adjustments to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Hire, train, direct, and discipline transportation personnel to achieve the most effective use of human and physical assets. Plan and schedule assignments for the transportation personnel; process the weekly payroll.
- Verify vendor invoices and complete A/P vouchers.
- Monitor trip records and fuel reports for mileage, fuel cost, and fuel economy.
- Monitor monthly expenses in relation to plan and make the necessary changes.
- Perform the necessary requirements of the Department of Transportation.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Review backhauls to ensure profitability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma/GED plus 5 – 8 years of transportation supervisor experience. Prefer 4 year degree and 4 years of transportation experience. You must possess good employee relations skills.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Frequent standing and bending is required when checking equipment. A substantial portion of the day is spent on data entry. You must have the ability to communicate clearly, primarily via telephone, with vendors, shippers, customers, and Company personnel.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, hear, sit, reach, lift, and interact with others.
Office is situated in the warehouse. Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
A calculator, copier, fax, PC, Microsoft Office applications, CRT, Trip Master software, TRUCKS routing system.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time