Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Utility - Beef Production
Company: Buckhead Meat of Atlanta
Location: US-GA-College Park
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Assist the Warehouse team in the Warehouse Operation, including but not limited to: receiving, shipping, rebox, GMP requirements. At times, may need to fill in where needed.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the employee room.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Assist in assuring the efficient and correct order fulfillment and loading of Buckhead /Sysco route trucks, Boxed beef orders and will-call orders
- Fill in, as required, in any of the following job functions: Receiving, Loading , Unloading, Stretch Wrapping, Put Product Away, Order Selecting , Scanning, Palletizing, Invoicing, Labeling, Reboxing, Warehouse clean up, Freezer work Extreme Temperatures, Rebox Product
- Assure all returns are processed in a timely manner.
- Working with QA and accounting, assure all returns are processed properly and proper credits have been issued
- Assist in assuring any and all special product requirements have been met
- Assure all powered equipment inspection forms are completed daily, and notify management of potential safety issues
- Assist in investigating inventory discrepancies
- Assure that all safety and GMP rules are adhered to
- Conduct item to item transfers as required
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- Notify management of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- experience is required.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to provide clear directions
- Ability to perform order selecting, receiving and put away job functions
Forklift, Cherry Picker, Pallet Jack
Certified Powered Equipment trainer
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position requires frequent standing, walking, and occasional lifting of up to 100 lbs.
Over 2/3 of time spent in extreme cold
Loud noise is typical in this environment
New Hire Training:
GMPs: Promoting Personal Hygiene
GMPs: Effective Hand Washing Techniques
Foodborne Illness & Employee Reporting
Preventing Food Contamination
Overview of HACCP
Basic Food Facility Security
Intro Food Safety Standards
Intro to Food Allergens
Overview of Dangerous E. Coli
Certification for varies Equipment
Annual refresher training
DISCLAIMER: While all care has been taken in the preparation of this material, no responsibility is accepted by the Buckhead Beef for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. The material provided in this resource has been prepared to provide general information only. It is not intended to be relied upon or be a substitute for legal or other professional advice. No responsibility can be accepted by Buckhead Beef for any known or unknown consequences that may result from reliance on any information provided in this publication.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time