Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Zip Code: 97230
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Pacific Northwest
Overview: The Newport Meat Pacific Northwest internship program offers students the opportunity to work
with one of Sysco’s leading specialty meat companies. The program will allow students to further develop
their skills and broaden their industry knowledge through a variety of projects that will enhance their college
· Hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment
· Manage company projects relating to multiple facets of the operation
· Take part in strategy sessions with our leadership team
· Build relationships with employees, management and industry professionals
· Apply the skills you’ve developed in a real world setting
· Gain industry knowledge and attain management practices
· Flexibility in the direction of your internship experience
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Animal Sciences, Agricultural Education and
Communication, Food and Resource Economics, or related field
o Meat Science focus preferred
o Completion of sophomore year
· Willingness to learn and work independently as well as in a team environment
· Proactive and self-motivated
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills
· Experienced using Microsoft Office applications
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time