Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: SYGMA - Northern California
Zip Code: 95215
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Responsible for the safe, efficient, and timely delivery of product to our customers, accomplished through thorough planning and an on-going process of monitoring driver performance, equipment condition and performance, and business volume, while effectively managing expenses in an ever-changing environment.
- Closely monitor driver performance via use of Telogis, Drive Cam and other control features.
- Maintain detailed records of driver pay, equipment maintenance and equipment performance.
- Review driver logs and paperwork to ensure accuracy and adherence to policy and DOT regulations.
- Closely monitor equipment to ensure safe operation and minimize breakdown. Order necessary parts and equipment used in driver performance of responsibilities.
- Review routing and make the necessary adjustments to ensure optimal efficiency.
- Hire, train, direct and discipline transportation personnel to achieve the most effective use of human and physical assets. Plan and schedule assignment of work for transportation personnel. Process weekly payroll.
- Verify vendor invoices and complete A/P vouchers.
- Monitor trip records and fuel reports for mileage, fuel costs, and fuel economy.
- Monitor monthly expenses in relation to plan and make the necessary changes.
- Perform the necessary requirements of the Department of Transportation.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- A high school diploma/GED plus 4 - 8 years of transportation experience. A 4 year degree plus 4 years transportation supervisory experience and a broad understanding of computer systems, routing and DOT regulations is preferred. Good employee relations is a must.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with employees, customers and other business contacts and operate office equipment including computers, telephones and cell phones.
- CDL drivers license and certificate of DOT regulations training is preferred.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time