Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Fork Lift Operator - PutAway
Company: FreshPoint Charlotte
Zip Code: 28269
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Forklift Operator - Putaway are responsible for the timely and accurate receipt of produce, grocery and misc. items ordered and received into the warehouse. All items will be verified for quantity and quality and placed in specified areas of the warehouse utilizing the forklift (stand up & sit down) or motorized pallet jack.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unload incoming trucks utilizing forklift (sit down & stand up) and/or pallet jack.
- Physically inspects product for weight, condition, temperature, and quality.
- Communicate any product issues (i.e. temperature, quality, etc.) issues to management immediately
- Tags product with a slot label and placed in the correct slot location.
- Insures coolers are dropped, leveled-off, down-stacked, organized, and clean of debris, free of damaged & poor quality product.
- Rotate all products located in the coolers daily.
- Aside from putting product in racks, responsible for bringing product down to the floor in a timely manner.
- Keep the coolers free of empty pallets at all times.
- Keep the floors stocked with product at all times.
- Adherence to work schedule and attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Forklift (sit down & stand up)/pallet jack certified and ability to drive a forklift (sit down & stand up) /pallet jack safely
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift (sit down & stand up) /pallet jack experience required.
- One (1) year warehouse experience preferred
- Produce experience preferred.
This position requires the ability to:
- Lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance. Occasionally lifting up to 80lbs with/without assistance
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from 36 in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation. Additionally, I certify that I have been given the opportunity to discuss this job description with my supervisor.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WOMEN AND MINORITIES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
PLEASE VISIT TO APPLY http://charlotte.freshpoint.com/
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time