Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Intern - Warehouse Operations
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Los Angeles
Zip Code: 91789
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the food service and hospitality industries.
The Sysco internship program is designed to provide vital information and practical professional advice to take with you well beyond the classroom. During the 8-week program, you will be involved in much more than the day-to-day operations of the company. As an intern, you will be exposed to relevant projects and challenges in a dynamic environment that will provide real world experiences of a Fortune 500 company. You’ll work with and be mentored by the brightest and best in the industry and receive valuable performance feedback from leaders. Various social activities provide networking opportunities for staff of all levels.
Candidate must be available for the internship starting in June 18th, 2018 through August 10th, 2018.
Candidate must reside within 15 miles from OpCo location at 20701 East Currier Road, Walnut, CA 91789
- Current student pursuing Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution Operations, or related subject
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.0)
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Develop an understanding of the Sysco approach, methodology and tools
- Identify various business issues and provide solutions via research
- Establish working relationships with client personnel
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at various levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Supply Chain/Operations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Temp/Seasonal