Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Analyst, Distribution Systems
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: Up to 100%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Sysco has over 200 distribution locations worldwide. Less than half of those locations (primarily USBL CABL) operate with Sysco’s core Distribution Systems platform (SWMS). Specialty and International businesses can benefit from use Sysco’s advanced Distribution Systems and the enterprise can benefit from a common system platform.
The Project Analyst Distribution Systems will be responsible for supporting the implementation and training of users at new sites related to Sysco Distribution Systems namely Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS) and peripheral systems (SOS, SLS, FLEX, and Syntelic). In addition to SWMS, this role will support the implementation of the transportation related systems namely Roadnet, Telogis and STS.
The position will support onsite for all implementations and provide insights on system configuration/testing, training delivery and project management assistance throughout these projects. This role will also assist in coordination of activities with BT resources as well as collecting assessment needs related to systems changes; in conjunction help develop that information into useful documents to facilitate those changes with local management and operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and complete activities on system modifications, configuration, testing and user training related to Distribution Systems.
- Support and perform testing and validation of system enhancements
- Help coordinate resource support needs for go live week and weeks after deployment, ramp up and stabilization.
- Assist in coordination with BT team on Hardware, Software, Database, Telecom and RF tasks and needs
- Support site Management to develop plans and internal resource requirements.
- Help educate site Management on warehouse management and delivery process fundamentals governed by Sysco systems
- Provide expertise on questions, enhancements and funtions of warehouse management systems
- Support system configuration and process design activities with business personnel at sites
- Perform training and/or re-training for Sysco Warehouse Management and related systems
- Perform training and/or re-training for RF functionality in SWMS
- Assist with identification, documentation and help prioritize potential system enhancements
- Responsible to follow training methodology and materials for Distribution Systems
- Support development and enhancement of training and process documentation.
- Provide insight for opportunities to improve Distribution Systems effectiveness and value.
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years work experience with BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a distribution environment.
- Minimum 3 years of system implementation, project management and training experience in a large scale logistics or distribution environment.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RF and Scanning Systems, Transportation Routing Systems, Labor Management Systems, Discrete Labor Standards Systems and Labor Incentive Programs.
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SQL/Business Objects
- Preferred experience with SWMS, FLEX, SYNTELIC, SOS, SLS, ROADNET, STS, TELOGIS
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deliver extensive training programs to hourly workers as well as operations managers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to address site and upper management
- Strong ability to read and understand technical documents related to multiple disciplines of supply chain, business, engineering, construction and real estate
- Ability to build strong relationships, and collaborate effectively with other leaders inside and outside the organization including business segment leaders, Supply Chain Operations, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, Sales and Marketing, Human Resources, Business Technology, and executive level leadership
- Ability to persevere and achieve goals and objectives despite obstacles and resistance
- The job requires travel 90% of the time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility or from a remote location.
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time