Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Solutions Architect (Data Protection)
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Brief description: As a member of a team of data protection administrators, manages vendor relationships and oversees backup and restore solutions design and specification, installation, provisioning, troubleshooting and reporting. Assists in managing multi-vendor, multi-protocol data protection systems and storage in geographically disperse data centers. Provides input into strategic and tactical planning, evaluation and coordination of data protection system environments across the enterprise. Participates in the architectural design and maintenance activities for enterprise data protection solutions.
Supervisor: Manager, Enterprise Services
Description of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the enterprise wide, multi-petabyte data backup and restore infrastructure comprised of EMC Networker, Isilon, Data Domain, IBM tape libraries and physical tape cartridges. Authority to act within budget and change control parameters.
- Assists in directing managed services backup/restore administrators, provides technical direction as well as limited supervisory functions.
- Develops and maintains cooperative and collaborative relationships with systems engineering, software development and network teams.
- Develops and integrates mature data protection and engineering processes that insure the continuous availability and efficient use and operation of the backup and restore infrastructure.
- Insures that data protection deliverables are understood, acknowledged, funded, coordinated with upstream and downstream teams, built and delivered on-time for all new initiatives and organic growth.
- Regularly reviews and reports capacity and growth and forecasts infrastructure spend.
- Regularly reviews and reports performance metrics and tracks trends.
- Assists in forecasting backup/restore spend based on performance requirements.
- Participate in data protection infrastructure projects for the larger IT Infrastructure teams.
- Insures that adequate systems monitoring is in-place and that alerting and reporting integrates in to other technical teams and centralized monitoring systems.
- Participate in Change Control for both software and hardware storage related activities.
- Fully documents all aspects of systems including system design and dependencies, change history, problem history, backup, restore and disaster recovery procedures and maintenance policies.
- Continues to increase expertise by staying current with industry trends, evolutionary and revolutionary data protection platforms and technologies through technical journals, professional affiliations, vendor training and on-going education.
- Coordinates internal and external resources, often under pressure and during off-hours, to resolve technical problems which result in system downtime or degraded service.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS, MS, BA or MBA in Information Technology or 7 or more years of direct data protection administration experience required. Must have a stable work background with technical administration and support experience. Must demonstrate functional knowledge of backup/restore technologies including data retention, restoration, replication and/or offsite capabilities, automated tiering, business continuity volumes and snapshot environments.
- 7+ years of overall Data Protection experience
- 3+ years’ experience supporting and managing data protection operations in a 24x7 online production environment utilizing EMC Networker, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager or similar products.
- 3+ years’ experience managing and operating EMC Data Protection Advisor or similar product
- 3+ years’ experience supporting modern/current UNIX/Linux/Windows operating systems (AIX/SLES/RHEL/Windows Server)
- Expert in all aspects of data protection administration (design and specification, installation, provisioning, day-to-day management, fault isolation, performance tuning)
- Familiar with the following: TCP/IP, UDP, NFS, iSCSI, CIFS, NAS, Enterprise Storage Arrays, RAID, Data Replication, Fiber Channel Protocol
- Hands on experience and expertise with EMC Networker, Isilon backup Accelerator, EMC Data Domain
- Demonstrated experience in design, configuration, management and troubleshooting for EMC Data Protection Advisor.
- Expertise with developing in house tools to automate problem detection, simplify repetitive tasks, and consolidate multiple information sources to aid in troubleshooting and fault detection/isolation.
- Ability to coordinate project oriented and interrupt driven activity simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively within and across department boundaries
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Normal office environment; working in DevOps/Agile sprints.
- Work schedule is generally Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with frequent weekends and night hours.
- Provides 24/7 backup to the on call support staff.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time