Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Inventory Control Supervisor
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Sacramento
Location: US-CA-Pleasant Grove
Zip Code: 95668
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a Finance position responsible for controlling the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Control functions, which includes performing cycle counts of the warehouse inventory, conducting investigations of suspected out-of-balance items and making corrections to the inventory based upon that research, coordinating all special processing of inventory including return to vendor shipments and performing other related tasks.
Sysco Sacramento is located at 7602 Pacific Ave - Pleasant Grove, CA 95668
- Manage the inventory control, driver check-in and quality assurance functions effectively and directs staff to identify and resolve variance, and potential variances, to achieve an accurate perpetual inventory count and protect company assets
- Maintain, develop, and implement procedures that ensure the highest levels of inventory accuracy are achieved while minimizing the amount of shrink incurred
- Manage the driver check-in function ensuring that all dues are collected and deposited intact and in a timely manner, all obligations are accounted for and imaged, and all obligation adjustments are accurately made in a time manner
- Review daily inventory reports for possible errors and reports information to Finance, Operations, and Merchandise departments
- Organize and facilitate shrink meetings and identify the root causes for shrink
- Participate in the hiring and training of inventory associates
- Responsible for performance management and development of inventory associates
- Manage the Product Recall process
- Ensure that the Company is HACCP compliant
- 1 to 3 years inventory control management and supervisory experience required
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Must be properly trained and licensed in the operation of powered industrial equipment as appropriate
- Strong PC skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Database concepts
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- HACCP Certification required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time