Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Service Representative
Company: Central Seafood
Zip Code: 32822
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
The primary purpose of the Customer Service Representative is to represent the company in a professional and personable manner by taking customers’ orders, inputting them correctly into the order-entry system to ensure proper delivery, and to troubleshoot customer inquiries and requests, all in a timely manner. The CSR provides a support system to the Sales Associate while maintaining customer satisfaction, with the ultimate goal of enhancing sales.
Hours for this position will be 4:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Order Taking – Receives orders, change in product, or change in service requests from customers via phone, email or fax. Also, may call customers for orders as requested by Sales Associate. Prepare Customer Call Sheets each morning, if required. Inputs required information into order-entry system. Informs customers of unit prices, shipping date, any anticipated delays, and any other information requested by customer. Check inventory status and notifies purchasing dept of any orders that display low or out of stock status. Prepares invoices and shipping documents. All done in a professional and courteous manner; building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Account Maintenance - Works with Sales Associates to keep account activities up to date. Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers to ensure that the order-entry system has the most recent customer information. Creates order form and price letter, and enters data into computer. Updates customer price letters with items, substitutions and other pertinent notes. Uploads price letters and other requested documentation to the appropriate database system. Completes customer Bid Sheets, as required. Compiles statistical data, and prepares various reports for sales team and management, as requested. May also be responsible for accounts receivable.
- Problem Solving / Troubleshooting – Handles complaints concerning product, delivery, or services rendered, either directly or refers complaints or service failures to appropriate department for investigation. Confers with production, sales, shipping or transportation to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- High School Diploma or GED
Experience (Years and Type of Experience):
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills (Type and Proficiency):
- Oral Communication – Needs to speak English; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret information written in English.
- Customer Service – Professional; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Personable; Gets along well with others; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate personnel in decision-making process.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, and individual should have knowledge of Order Processing systems, and be familiar with office PC programs.
- Other Skills – Must be 10-key proficient.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Recommend Substitution if product asked for is unavailable
- Will Call Availability
- Price Letter Maintenance
Most important decisions made with review and approal of other individuals or supervisors:
- Go to Credit for any "stop ship" customers
- Go to CSR Manager for Price Overrides, Special Deliveries
- Unresvolved issues
At this time, this information applies to the positions of CSR, CSR Inside Sales, CSR TS, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Sr. CSR (senior would be a CSR with more years of service, may assist manager is some tasks)
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Shar Lemcke at 863-508-1050
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time