Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Inside Sales Representative
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Zip Code: 60005
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
Basic Function and Responsibility:
This is a Sales & Marketing position responsible for focusing on customer service, sales and profit objectives, relationship building and account penetration. Ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction through customer service and sales activities.
Maintain and increase market share by satisfying customer needs and meeting management/department objectives. Coordinate customer service with all departments within organization. Develop a close working relationship with customers, and all coordinating departments.
- Identify department and customer needs and satisfy them effectively.
- Maintain and develop assigned customer base.
- Working knowledge of all product categories sold to drive penetration of existing accounts.
- Cross-train and foster solid working relationships with other departments.
- Input orders into computer system.
- Sells, via the phone and other media, all major product categories through the presentation of new products, services, ideas, uses and applications in an effort to meet all established sales and profit objectives.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining necessary company and customer files.
- Responsible for managing daily out of stock report as it relates to customer needs and deliveries.
- Support company sales and gross profit projections and goals as needed.
- Adhere to operational procedures.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Work with sales team.
- Working different days, hours and overtime may be needed occasionally.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.
- Perform other duties as required.
- General Supervision is received from the Inside Sales Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary experience.
- Specialty food and business experience preferred.
- One (1) year minimum experience in a sales, and/or customer service related position preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong numeric and alpha-numeric data entry skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner both verbally and in writing.
This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time