Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Distribution Systems
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Sysco has over 200 distribution locations worldwide. Less than half of those locations (primarily USBL CABL) operate with Sysco’s core Distribution Systems platform (SWMS). Specialty and International businesses can benefit from use Sysco’s advanced Distribution Systems and the enterprise can benefit from a common system platform.
The Director Distribution Systems will lead a multi year implementation program across warehouse and delivery operations for Specialty and International locations. The Director will lead a team of experts responsible for system configuration, change management and training deployed to each new location. The team will work very closely with BT to bring together hardware, software, database, telecom and RF components together with appropriate user change management and training for successful implementations.
Areas of responsibility include coordination and planning with business owners and BT, team development, methodology and documentation development, resource planning and budgeting for implementation activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates and works with Business leadership and BT leadership to agree on Distribution System Implementation priorities.
- Develops annual Distribution System plans, resources and budgets.
- Performs initial assessment and scoping for detailed planning purposes at each new implementation site.
- Collaborates with BT in system modifications to accommodate distinct business needs across all Sysco divisions.
- Monitors schedule, budget and quality of implementation through project lifecycle.
- Report progress and issues to upper management and facilitate resolution.
- Continuously interfaces with BT organization and project teams to assure priorities, resources and schedule dependencies are in sync.
- Continuously interfaces with business owners at each site to support change management and project management activities.
- Responsible for recruiting, developing and retaining top talent for the Distribution Systems team.
- Develops and maintains implementation methodology and project management methodology for Distribution Systems.
- Develops and maintains training methodology and materials for Distribution Systems.
- Functions as the corporate subject matter expert and owner for Distribution System utilization for the Corporation.
- Provide insight and thought leadership for opportunities to improve Distribution Systems effectiveness and value.
- Other duties may be assigned by department leadership.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years work experience with BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a Distribution environment.
- Minimum 7 years of system implementation, project management and training experience in a large scale logistics or distribution environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience with direct reports.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven experience with Warehouse Management Systems, RF and Scanning Systems, Transportation Routing Systems, Labor Management Systems, Discrete Labor Standards Systems and Labor Incentive Programs.
- Preferred SWMS, FLEX, SYNTELIC, SOS, SLS, ROADNET, STS, TELOGIS
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Requires technical acumen and decision making
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational transformation including design, execution, and ongoing team development. The ability to identify, attract, inspire, motivate, develop, and retain top talent is a fundamental part of this organizational transformation
- Strong ability to read and understand technical documents related to multiple disciplines of supply chain, business, engineering, construction and real estate
- Ability to build strong relationships, and collaborate effectively with other leaders inside and outside the organization including business segment leaders, Supply Chain Operations, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, Sales and Marketing, Human Resources, Business Technology, and executive level leadership
- Ability to persevere and achieve goals and objectives despite obstacles and resistance
- The job requires travel 50% of the time.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility or from a remote location.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time