Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Service Representative
Company: Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
The customer service representative provides, professional, courteous friendly service and support to the outside sales team members. They accurately process incoming orders via fax, phone and/or email, resolve any customer issues, maintain customer order guides and call lists. Some Sundays and holidays may be required.
- Attend department and company meetings as scheduled.
- Conduct all business in a professional and ethical manner.
- Must be knowledgeable in all product lines in order to assist customers.
- Establish customer telephone contact in an effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for accurately entering customer orders in a timely manner. Verify customer number, name and delivery date.
- Ensure customer problems are handled in a timely manner and to the customer's satisfaction.
- Review orders for out-of-stocks, Pick-ups; follow- up.
- Consult Merchandisers for details on merchandise, i.e. pack size, dates, etc.
- Expedite customer needs for Pick-ups and credit.
- Attend monthly sales meetings to keep informed of new products and changes, when required.
- Communicate regularly with Account Executive (AE) with O/S, special orders, customer issues, etc.
- Run duplicate and high-quantity reports and correct discrepancies.
- Take new account leads and forward to outside sales manager
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent; one or more years’ experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Personal computer experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed
- Maintain a valid Driver License
- Able to operation of office equipment such as computers, telephones, facsimile machines, 10-key calculators, etc.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Data entry
- Ability to write short correspondence
- Ability to accurately spell
- Ability to speak and write English in a clear, understandable manner, Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Ability to accurately follow detailed procedures and processes
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks and exceeds deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a group on various on-going projects simultaneously
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers (management, co-workers, vendors and customers).
- Ability to operate an automobile or arranged transportation to meet demands of the position
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic calculations (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage functions.)
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to carry out instructions furnished in both oral and written form
- Ability to plan and organize time and projects efficiently
- Ability to exchange and furnish information requiring detailed explanations and maintain active discussions with customers and other work groups
- Maintain a professional working relationship with customers at all times.
- Ability to act in an ethical, honest and professional manner at all times
- Desire to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Maintain discretion with all company information regarding customers, pricing, products, and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally to reach file cabinets, boxes, etc.
- Requires the ability to read written instructions, reports and other documentation
- The employee must occasionally lift, carry and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please call Ecaroh Allen at 301-772-0060
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry.Employment Type: Full Time