Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Software Engineer - Integration and Platforms
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The successful candidate for this position will play a key role in the design and development of API and data streaming platform using modern and cloud-based technology stack. The person in this role will be required to deliver high quality software and technical solutions to meet platform needs. The role requires to work across the full stack and possesses a flexible mindset and passion for programing using Agile/DevOps best practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverages strong understanding of business to develop high quality code to meet product/platform requirements
- Drives and leads adoption of architecture standards and development practices like Test-Driven development, code reviews, static code analysis etc.
- Writes effective technical user stories and ensures that non-functional requirements are met to ensure performance, scaling, resilience and maintainability of software/solutions
- Actively resolves defects and manages technical debt
- Develops unit tests to ensure good coverage and regression testing ability
- Assists in the development of automated tests and environment management scripts
- Practices DevOps methods like CI/CD, SDLC automation and proactive monitoring/telemetry
- Participates in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and retrospectives to enable progress, and surface and resolve impediments
- Evaluates emerging technologies continually to identify opportunities, trends and best practices to strengthen Sysco’s development practices
- Bachelor’s degree required; or 4 years equivalent experience
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 5-8 years of combined IT experience
- 5+ years in solution design and development experience building cloud-native applications using open source frameworks like Spring and DropWizard
- 4+ years’ experience using SQL (like Oracle, MySQL, etc.) and NoSQL (like MongoDB, Couchbase, Postgres, Redis, etc.) databases and persistence frameworks (like JPA, Hibernate, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience with one of the dynamic object-oriented programing language like Groovy, JRuby/Ruby or Python
- 4+ years of experience with version control system (using Git, Subversion or similar)
- 3+ years of experience with test driven development (TDD)
- 3+ years of experience utilizing Continuous Integration (CI) servers (like, Jenkins, GoCD or similar) for build and process automation (CD)
- 2+ year of experience building & deploying application on a cloud platform like AWS or Azure
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience with REST API design and implementation, and event driven architecture
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- AWS Certified Developer and DevOps Engineer is a big plus
- Experience with Agile processes is required
- Experience with DevOps is required
- This position will be performed from a corporate facility in Houston, TX
- No Travel
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time