Company: Buckhead Meat Northeast
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
The meat packer is responsible for processing orders through packaging equipment according to specifications notated on order tickets within designated demand times.
Employees receive a copy of Buckhead Beef’s organizational reporting structure at time of hire. It is also posted in the break rooms.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Read cut tickets and match with the product and quantity of order.
- Perform final check to ensure that items and weights match the orders. Follow up to ensure product provides high quality presentation for the customer.
- Ensure that steaks are the correct cut and that they meet the customer specifications.
- Properly place products into packaging materials and ensure a secure package upon exit of the machine.
- Properly select orders to be processed in a prioritized manner according to designated demand pick-up times.
- Oversee day to day operation of the cryovac machine.
- Perform changeovers and adjustments to machine to ensure package integrity as well as productivity.
- Responsible for efficiencies of machine including packaging yields.
- Responsible for all equipment assigned to them which includes basic maintenance (die changeovers, film installment, (may weigh up to 80 lbs) dater changes and monitor controls. Operation and cleaning of assigned equipment.
- Maintain work areas in compliance with U.S.D.A. guidelines.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illnesses to my supervisor immediately.
- Prior experience with packaging equipment
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to complete and pass all training requirements which may include oral or written tests.
- Not applicable
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-80 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
New Hire Training:
- GMPs: Promoting Personal Hygiene
- GMPs: Effective Hand Washing Techniques
- Foodborne Illness & Employee Reporting
- Preventing Food Contamination
- Overview of HACCP
- Basic Food Facility Security
- Intro to Food Allergens
- BHB Meat Reconditioning / Hold Tag SOP
Annual refresher training
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time