CDL A Delivery Truck Driver Trainee
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Pittsburgh
Zip Code: 16037
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is designed as a limited apprenticeship to the Delivery Driver position. The employee must develop proper safety awareness, driving and customer service skills. Associate must agree to the terms and conditions of the Driver Trainee Program Agreement.
- This position frequently lifts, pushes, or moves product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72" to stacks and unstacks pallets and hand carts; constantly bends and twists while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Working in a positive manner with customers in attempting to resolve any problems at the time of delivery.
- Collect COD payments, receipts and other delivery documents necessary to account for delivered product, entering all transactions on STS onboard computer.
- Complete pre- and post-trip equipment checks and report equipment problems and maintenance needs as appropriate.
- Must always follow Sysco safety procedures.
- Responsible for obtaining and keeping a current and valid CDL license and DOT Medical card.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Ability to operate manual transmission
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Successful completion of Truck Driving program
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Valid Medical Card
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, DOT Physical, and Background Check)
- Must be in the same position at least 6 months before transferring to another position.
- Accident Free for ninety (90) days prior to this posting date.
- Must have no attendance discipline for the previous 12 months prior to posting date.
- Must have no other discipline for the past ninety (90) days.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time