Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Control Technician
Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The primary duties of the Quality Technician are to perform multiple analyses on raw materials, work in progress and finished product to insure compliance with company and customer specifications. The position would be responsible for checking a proportionate sample of the day's production and recording the results of these inspections. This position will be responsible for communicating with department managers when non-conformance occurs and ensuring proper product condition.
- Must be able to follow written directions and apply previously determined corrective action when deviations are identified.
- Must have the ability to detect slight variations in fresh meat color.
- Conduct Pre-Operational and other required Quality Assurance procedures pertaining to product, Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain, monitor and record information pertaining to products and production. This includes:
• Net weights • Catch weights
• Tares • Product Temperatures
• Code dating • Product Specifications
• Environmental samples
- Monitor product handling practices, employee hygiene and sanitation and plant operating conditions.
- Monitor daily HACCP documentation assuring critical limits are maintained and corrective action applied and documented.
- Establish open lines of communication to Quality Assurance Manager pertaining to issues involving: Retained Product, Product Specification, and Product Packaging variations.
- Develop appropriate lines of communication with USDA inspectors acting as a liaison between Quality Assurance and USDA.
- Maintain accurate records with regards to all net weight and line check documentation as required by raw product Customers and Regulatory Agencies.
- Communicate any, and all, corrective actions to department supervisors, on a timely basis, and any information pertaining to product and processes.
- Conduct on line specification checks and hourly product audits.
- Perform various duties / tasks as determined necessary by management.
- Require to follow all GMP’s and safety regulation.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management. Responsible for working until relieved by manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time