Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Buckhead Meat of Dallas
Zip Code: 75237
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Job Summary: Removes different product from conveyor, inspects to customer specifications and hand packs into prescribed carton.
Reports to: Production Manager/Supervisor Salary Type: Non-Exempt
- Receives packing orders and determines that correct packing materials are available at packing station. Notifies material handler if additional materials are needed for the packing run.
- Visually inspects quality, weights and specifications of product, setting aside defective items.
- Constantly monitors machines for operation and safety problems.
- Check packages leaks, discoloration and foreign objects inside the package.
- Pack packages of product into designated cartons per specifications on the customer order.
- Places identification labels on cartons.
- Read cut tickets and match with the product.
- Box prepackaged steaks or bulk items into specified box.
- Responsible for numerous SYSCO house orders.
- Reports discrepancies to leads or supervisor.
- Required to follow all GMP's and safety regulations.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor/ manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass company drug test and background.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time