Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Support Advisor
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Syracuse
Zip Code: 13164
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Support department to achieve company goals and company goals which includes but is not limited to: a high end customer order fulfillment, managing inventory to the lowest possible DSO. Responsible for managing and supporting the implementation of corporate category strategies and initiatives within OpCo Supports OpCo sales staff with product assortment updates, informational inquiries and delivery of product cutting and training sessions Drives OpCo required category initiatives and assortment in harmony with corporate requirements Executes recommended assortment changes and support positive local supplier relationships
- Execute Category Management and other initiatives within assigned categories
- Responsible for Category success and overall Support of Corporate core suppliers
- Communicate with planners/suppliers/brokers/sales team/customer service
- Manage and promote local assortment within assigned categories to achieve company goals
- Manage local supplier and broker relationships
- Provide input, support and guidance to OpCo Sales Specialist
- Facilitate corporate assortment training at the OpCo as required
- Conduct local supplier reviews and negotiations using corporate best business practices
- Negotiate/secure supplier-funded customer deviated pricing
- Facilitate negotiations and management of local Earned Income programs
- Manage and review company Earned Income components
- Work with supplier Category Captains or Advisors for focus categories as required
- Support inventory depletion process by identifying items to be discontinued and assisting in supplier negotiations to return products
- Drive results on focus categories and support promotional activities and selling events
- Direct line of contact for local sales and communicate with and assist Sales on all issues
- New item and Vendor creation
- Drive increased Sysco Brand sales
- Manage category equities and market pricing to support pricing integrity in conjunction with RevMan team
- Collaborate and review Sales and GP results of Market Cost Price changes with Revenue Management team
- Provide market commodity/industry news and updates to the sales organization
- 3+ years experience.
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions
- Strong excel skills
- Ability to manage conflict and reach quick resolution with facts and dialogue
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to drive positive merchandising change
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and collaborate with dotted line reporting
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate timely communication
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Proactive attitude to highlight and address issues as they arise
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- Ability to execute all Merchandising standard processes
- Strong supplier negotiation skills and ability to form a professional working relationship with suppliers and brokers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Travel 5%
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity. EEO/AA Employer
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time