Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Dir, Category Management
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 8
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Director, Category Management develops, executes and refines a Category Plan (founded on an insight based strategy and assortment) for a set of categories contributing towards the companies stated financial goals by leveraging internal and external cross-functional teams. He or she leads category management process and team in the day-to-day practices for a set of categories and develop a relevant, innovative assortment that meets or exceeds customer needs/demands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Category Management and Product Development
- Leads and promotes 6-Step Category Management Process to drive sales growth, deliver Value, Variety and Innovation to the marketplace while maximizing efficiency and lowering operational costs
Financial Forecasting, Management and Accountability
- Create and maintain rolling monthly forecast using Annual Operating Plan, current performance and anticipated trend analysis with market conditions both from a supply and demand context.
- Create and execute Category Plans to achieve stated financial goals.
Team Recruiting and Development
- Leads and maintains a culture of an empowered team aligned at achieving stated goals through cross-functional and direct engagement.
- Provides an opportunity for continuous development and personal learning.
- Consistently embraces change, leads efforts to role model change and its benefits.
- Guide and perform monthly/quarterly supplier business reviews.
- Enhance supplier relations through innovation, sales growth and issue resolution.
- Engage supplier broker networks for additional resources for field needs and training.
- Leads Sales driven presentations and resources to support and enable profitable, sustainable sales growth.
- Create and deliver solutions to address customer needs through product, price or process.
- Creates insights-based field ready sales tools and monitors their effectiveness by leveraging internal, core supplier and industry resources.
- Determines action-oriented Market/OpCo business reviews with key internal and core supplier resources; in some cases attends Market/OpCo business reviews and trainings to deliver effectiveness.
Product & Pricing Management
- Creates strategy and provides approval and guidance for setting MRC (Market Relevant Costs), Cost Changes, Product Evaluations and other product and pricing related activities.
Additional tasks as required to achieve business results.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Masters Degree or MBA preferred or an equivalent combination of education and foodservice industry or Sysco experience.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Must be able to to prioritize resources, review deliverables and performance metrics, and focus on executing results while holding self and others accountable. Strong Excel and analytical skills are required. Must be able to lead a team of direct and/or indeirect reports
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed from the corporate facility.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time