Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Company: Buckhead Beef New Jersey
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Lead overall finance function at meat company
To be a primary business partner to the President/GM(s) at assigned business unit(s) in setting financial goals and strategies across the organization. This position is responsible for assigned organizations’ financial planning, management and accounting practices to ensure proper internal controls and procedures are established and followed, in order to safeguard the Companies’ assets and properly satisfy the Companies’ financial obligations.
- Serves as the Lead Financial Associate for each assigned company, working with the Market CFO to determine the methods and procedures for executing the company’s financial operations in accordance with corporate and government guidelines.
- Utilizes financial acumen to provide consultation to the President/GM and local management staff, to help maximize profits, reduce expenditures, and leverage opportunities.
- Oversees activities of local finance staff and performs controllership tasks in accordance the F.A.M.M. and other corporate policies. Performs periodic close activities in an accurate and timely manner, including journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting.
- Develops business strategies, monitors progress and makes adjustments/recommendations as needed. Ensures action plan process is in place to assist in the timely development of Profit Plan gap closure activities.
- Responsible for ensuring the company’s Profit Plan is prepared as directed and submitted in a timely fashion according to corporate guidelines. Ensures periodic forecasts are accurate and timely.
- Provides analytical reporting to assist company management team in making informed deciosions. Develops adequate internal reporting and communication strategies/cadence at the companies.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics Required
Experience (Years and Type of Experience):
- 5 Years financial analyst and/or accounting experience required
- Prior management experience required
Skills (Type and Proficiency):
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to compile data from disparate sources
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Decisions regarding safeguarding of assets and segregation of duties.
- Decisions regarding proper treatment of accounting entries.
- Decisions regarding proper placement of department personnel to maximize productivity in their functional organization
- Formulating best business practices for the finance functional area
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals required):
- Decisions regarding recruiting and staffing of department
- Decisions regarding policies and procedures within department
- Decisions regarding reported forecasted results
- Decisions regarding company profit plans
- Decisions regarding business strategies for the organization
- SSMG Area CFO
Positions Reporting to This Role:
- Staff Accountant(s)
- Credit Manager and/or Credit Associates
- AP/AR Manager and or AP/AR Associates
- Inventory Control Manager
- Direct: 5-10
- Indirect: 0-5
Annual Operating Budget Managed:
Annual Revenue Responsibility:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time