Accounting Manager - Montana
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Montana
Zip Code: 59101
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is responsible for the oversight of several functional areas such as: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Financial Reporting. The position interacts with various departments throughout the company to resolve payable and receivable issues as well as reporting financial results and general ledger activity.
- Supervises and directs work of Accounts Payable Associates, Account Receivable Associates, Imaging, Cashiers, and inbound/outbound mail processing
- Responsible for completing monthly close duties and schedules in a timely manner
- Prepare and file local tax returns
- Oversee and manage the payroll activities of local business
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Participate in shrink committee
- Responsible for the recruiting, training, and performance management and development of finance associates
- Interact with SBS in terms of monthly close activities, including journal entries, monthly schedules and reconciliation work
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics required
- MBA/CPA preferred
- At least 5 years financial analyst and/or accounting experience required
- Prior managerial experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
- Ability to lead and direct clerical positions
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time