Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Outbound Short Runner
Company: Sysco South Florida
Zip Code: 33178
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
ENERAL SUMMARY: The incumbent is responsible for getting products and sit-downs from various locations to the correct dock; ensuring Hi-rise product is merged to the proper door location; and researching warehouse outs and label shorts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: 1. Retrieve sit-down sheets 2. Read pick labels; drive tugger and buggies to proper door location and select items according to pick labels and place labels on pulled product. 3. Deliver customer orders to correct dock door for loading. 4. Notify lift operators of any let-downs needed. 5. Inspect Pallet Jack for safety and proper running order. 6. Miscellaneous duties as required. 7. Excellent organizational skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to read, write and speak English and use basic mathematical skills.
2. Basic knowledge of related warehouse operations equipment (tugger, pallet jacks, etc.)
3. Ability to pass preplacement functional capacity testing including the ability to repetitively lift and carry 80 plus lbs, stand and walk for extended period, etc...
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum 6 months Selector or Loader experience in a food, grocery or related warehouse environment.
2. GED or high school degree is required; 1 year related selector experience will be considered in lieu of education.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies: Safety Awareness Adaptability Quality Orientation Managing Work
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time