Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Order Selector (Night Shift)
Company: FreshPoint Charlotte
Zip Code: 28269
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The order selector is responsible for pulling, palletizing and shipping orders in an accurate and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for customer satisfaction through proper product quality, quantity, accuracy and proper loading to protect the product
- Maintain pulling standard of 155 cases per hour, 70% slot scanning, with productivity level of 95% or better weekly/monthly
- Ensure product is palletized properly to prevent product damage
- Ensure that all products are loaded on the correct vehicle in the correct sequence. All products loaded must be transported without damage
- Operate power equipment
- Keep work area clean and neat at all times
- Contact the supervisor immediately if there is any doubt about the quality of product
- Read and understand inventory sheets
- Ensure that all vehicles being loaded with power equipment have wheels chocked for safety
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Scheduling flexibility a must
- Must be able to work mid/night shift
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree or equivalent
- One to two years related experience
- Motorized Pallet Jack experience required; Sit Down and Stand up forklift experience preferred
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
- Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck and on to and off of power equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time