Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
CDL A/B Driver $2000 Sign On Bonus
Company: Freshpoint Charlotte
Zip Code: 28269
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Efficiently deliver produce to customers, process paperwork accurately, follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service. Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing product and performing other duties at the request of the Supervisor or Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run routes efficiently, meeting or exceeding designated route times
- Call in when customer does not receive their entire order (shorts)
- Call in mid way through route to customer service to check in
- Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and perform pre-trip inspection
- Report accidents and injuries at once and/or any damage to equipment
- Assist in loading trucks for afternoon routes and palletize product
- Handle any customer complaints professionally
- Responsible for upkeep of vehicle at the end of shift-clean cab & box
- Work overtime if required as requested by the Supervisor
- Run Second Run as requested
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- No DUI convictions
- Maximum of 3 points on MVR
- No chargeable accidents in the last 5 years
- Knowledge of delivery area
- Proven ability to communicate articulately in English and perform simple arithmetic (experience in handling money preferred)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Class A or B NC Drivers License
- High school degree or equivalent
- 1 year (verifiable) route delivery experience or applicable background driving a manual straight truck
This position requires the ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs. Must be able to climb on and off the box of the truck. Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to work in confined spaces. Must pass federal Department of Transportation Physical Exam requirements and obtain DOT certification.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time