Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
VP of Operations
Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston and Louisiana Seafood
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Buckhead Meat Houston
Responsible for overseeing and managing the operation departments including production, delivery, warehouse, and building maintenance, fleet maintenance, grounds maintenance, and administrative personnel assigned to those areas. It ensures the successful execution of organizational vision, business strategy, achieving performance key metrics and profitability; expense and revenue management; compliance with government regulations; safety and security and staff development and engagement.
- Responsible for overall leadership, development, engagement, management and integration of all assigned departments.
- Prepares and executes annual Profit Plan with direct input from management team and oversees budget management including labor, benefits, supplies, company assets, capital investments, depreciation, maintenance and repair, and third party contracts.
- Evaluates fiscal metrics and adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations. Coordinates with other departments as necessary to ensure upgrades and repairs are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of goals.
- Analyzes growth of Operating Company against facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Champions’ efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within areas of responsibility.
- Maintains a high level of efficiency and professionalism throughout the operations
- Responsible for the financial performance, including the short term and long term financing and cash flow of operations assigned.
- Must maintain an accurate awareness of all inventory levels and to address challenges related to environment, internal operations, procedures, regulatory challenges and compliance with all laws.
- To be a forward/long term thinker in order to facilitate solutions to issues.
- Responsibilities include the continuing development of a team spirit and the creation of a healthy and prosperous environment for valued employees.
- Ensure that all operations adhere to the time and temperature requirements, transport and processing of our product.
- Continually display and maintain an open mind and good listening skills with a common sense approach to problem solving.
- Continually exhibit the ability to compromise when necessary and to stand up and defend your position if you do not believe a decision is in the best interest of the Company.
- Responsible for building and maintaining good customer/supplier relationships and ensuring that all team members show the respect and appreciation for the business and service they provide as partners to our success.
- Motivate and instill pride in the success of the Company for both current and future employees.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including, but not limited to, safety documentation, DOT records, EPSM, PSM, etc.) and retained to ensure a minimum potential for loss.
- Ensures compliance with all Insurance Pooling requirements; with local, state, federal and provincial regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, DOT, FDA, USDA, DOL, CVOR (Canada), etc.); with licensing and log book requirements and with food safety policies, protocols and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of Progressive Leadership experience
- 7+ years of extensive knowledge of specific Industry
- Ability to understand and utilize yield models and pricing models of manufactured products.
- Knowledge of commonly used MS software to include Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Provides recognition for results.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Mets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and idea; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Makes self available to staff; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time