Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Category Support Specialist
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Category Support Specialist will directly support SMS departments and Sysco Operating Companies through category support activities, pricing and analytics that contribute to Sysco’s sales and financial objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead set up of new suppliers, ship points and sku’s per the guidance of category leadership; communicate with internal cross functional teams
- Lead de-activation of sku’s and ship points per the guidance of category leadership; communicate with internal cross functional teams
- Lead supplier follow up of monthly delinquent earned income; communicate updates and escalate issues to Sr. Director and appropriate category leadership
- Facilitate product cuttings by running reports, lead sample ordering and log-in, coordinate evaluation logistics and equipment needs, assist with evaluation set up and clean up
- Participate in CMU customer presentations through sample ordering and set up
- Service as first line of support for Opco and supplier questions or issue resolution; communicate with cross functional teams when their action is necessary, serves as subject matter expert during continuous improvement tasks and escalate issues to category leadership
- Process non-Cat Man supplier or category price list changes, request CSV files from suppliers, route to category leadership for approvals and assist with new pricing execution accuracy by routing variance reports to category leadership for review
- Process non-commodity, Cat Man cost/TP changes and assist with new pricing execution accuracy
- Collect MRC baseline price points and communicate to category leadership in support of steady state MRC; assist with pricing adjustments and pricing execution accuracy if adjustments are necessary per category leadership
- Support commodity and “squeeze” pricing, both Cat Man and non-Cat Man categories, by collecting data points, populating spreadsheets with recommendations for approval by category leadership and monitor new pricing execution accuracy
- Conduct business objects queries, manipulate total margin reports or scorecards for category assortment activities
- Coordinating variance reports and collect MRC or squeeze pricing data to ensure pricing accuracy and MRC
- Category and supplier business reviews through business objects queries and/or manipulating total margin reports and/or scorecards
- Targeted selling activities through business objects queries, publish results to Opcos and/or suppliers per the guidance of category leadership
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
Associates or bachelors degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and Sysco merchandising, pricing and/or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and foodservice industry experience.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
The candidate must possess mid-level Microsoft Excels skill sets, specifically V lookups, manipulating pivot tables, filtering and sorting functions as well as knowledge of with internal systems such as AS240, RME, Sysco Intranet and Business Objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed from the corporate facility.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time