Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Analyst, FP&A - Cost Management
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position provides financial analysis, analytical and research to drive cost management throughout Sysco. It supports the departmental forecasting, planning, and profitability functions. It also provides analytical support to Sysco’s business owners across the enterprise.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide analytical and research support. Examples of support include:
- Analyze and communicate operating cost detail to appropriate field and corporate management; provide input and interpretations of the data.
- Ensure cost management decisions are incorporated in the Annual Plan.
- Work with consultants to establish Anaplan detailed planning for certain cost lines.
- Respond timely to ad-hoc reporting requests throughout the enterprise
- Assist in supervising the Anaplan tool to maintain the correct procedures to plan costs
- Interact with a wide range of managers (Field and Corporate) as well as consultants to guarantee successful cost management
- Develop, manage, and maintain reporting requirements:
- Initiate development of reporting requirements as a result of gaining insight from monitoring activities; including writing functional specifications and developing the reports within Anaplan.
- Develop reports and dashboard solutions. Work with the business to identify reporting requirements related to new role based dashboards.
- Develop Alert and exception based reporting to leverage human capital in the monitoring process
- Monitor the shared ad-hoc reporting repository to determine reports to be developed into standard reports and those to be relegated to local status
- Create solutions to provide hindsight, insight and foresight on enterprise performance
- Minimum Education and Experience Requirement
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters Degree preferred. Specialization in Accounting, Business, or Finance is required. Minimum at least 3 years of work experience.
- Work experience must be with Sysco operating company, Sysco corporate office, industry relevant experience with emphasis on areas such as reporting development, financial planning and analysis, business analytics, and financial modeling.
- Experience in a consumer-facing industry such as consumer packaged goods and/or retail is desirable; experience with the food industry (manufacturing/ processing, distribution, retailing) is preferred
- Experience with SAP ECC system and, BPC, Business Objects, BEx template/query capabilities is preferred.
- Must be able to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively with little oversight or direction (i.e. display thought leadership vs. simply “do” or execute something that was developed or directed by someone else)
- Intellectually curious, open to new ideas, hypothesis-driven, and fact-based
- Very comfortable working with ambiguity (e.g. imperfect data, loosely defined concepts, ideas, or goals) and translating these into more tangible outputs
- Able to perform quantitative analysis using appropriate analytical tools. Requires expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel to develop and troubleshoot reports. In depth knowledge of incorporating pivot tables, conditional formatting, ‘if then’ statements and ‘V lookup’ functions into reports
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills as analysis are frequently performed with a short turnaround time frame;
- Requires strong review skills as analysis must be accurate when presented to executives;
- Requires trouble shooting reports for unusual results which indicate reporting errors.
- Able to distill complex ideas and approaches to their essence and present them in a simplified, yet compelling manner
- Methodical, hands-on, resourceful, and detail-oriented approach to problem solving and analytical research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to independently structure and develop PowerPoint presentations and other business documents for executive audiences
- Good listener
- Excellent interviewing, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills due to interaction with all level of associates and management throughout the enterprise
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team and Project Management
- Collaborative; team player with all levels of the organization
- Solid team and project management skills to develop implementation plans and drive execution where appropriate
- Able to identify project risks and proactively work to mitigate them
- Change Management
- Adept at understanding Sysco culture, organization, and financial constraints and working within these to articulate the case for change as appropriate
- Relationship-Building and Interpersonal Skills
- Able to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, partners, and colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Proficiency with Access and/or database SQL skills. Must be able to build and logically structure content in a database as well as run queries and/or reports
- Personal Characteristics
- Emotional intelligence
- Able to ‘read’ an audience and identify both the stated and unstated concerns and considerations
- Leadership and Initiative
- Inspires confidence and trust among a diverse group of individuals
- Personable and likeable – able to connect with a broad spectrum of individuals
- Able to define goals for own work and lead their accomplishment
- Takes the initiative to suggest and implement ongoing improvements in own and others’ work as appropriate
- Anticipates issues and proactively works to address them
- Motivation and Commitment
- Motivated by the desire to have an impact
- Highly committed to exceeding expectations and continuous improvement
- High energy level
- Strong personal work ethic
- Willing and able to take on various types of work as directed by FP&A leadership and other members of the team
- Good fit with Sysco corporate culture
- Ability to adapt to different management, communication, and delivery styles (as needed) for different situations
- Personal resilience
- Willing and able to defend well-founded positions, even if they are counter to conventional wisdom
- Willing and able to take measured risks
- Thrives/ succeeds in fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Integrity and ethics
- Team building
Normal Office Environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time