Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Night Warehouse Assistant Manager
Company: European Imports
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
Position Title: Night Warehouse Assistant Manager
Basic Function & Responsibility:
Under general supervision and direction of the Night Warehouse Manager this position is responsible for the night warehouse operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing/leading in a cost efficient manner movement of products via order selection, product replenishment, order loading, and ensuring safety and security of the warehouse providing management and direction to assigned warehouse team.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for controlling daily work and safety of employees engaged in night warehouse operations functions such as order selection, product replenishment, order loading, and order checking.
- Responsible for utilization of labor hours and scheduling employees work assignments. Assist with supervising labor hours and analyze operational needs to determine schedule adjustments, overtime and staffing requirements within budget.
- Review night warehouse functions and various productivity reporting. Continuously suggests safety, accuracy, and efficiency ideas, leading to cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within shift.
- Responsible for assisting with performing management functions such as interviewing, staff selection, associate development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Responsible for assisting with collaborating efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections.
- Assist with the training of new warehouse associates, including cross training of existing associates.
- Maintain associate relations through regular start-up meetings; maintain on-going interactions; keep open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitor associates morale; and submit and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interpret, train, and consistently and fairly enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Investigate and make decisions on work situations that arise in regard to concerns from customers, other departments and employees.
- Perform daily safety and sanitation inspections and initiate changes in regard to warehouse procedures and preferred work methods to comply with company policy, federal regulations in the food distribution industry to ensure food safety.
- Assist with monitoring sanitation throughout facility ensuring warehouse remains 5s (Sort, Set in order, Shine/Sweeping, Standardize, and Sustain) ready at all times.
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and procedures as described in the European Imports – Sysco Food Safety Training Manual.Perform other duties as assigned.
General working conditions – environment with temperatures, of 0, 35, 65 degrees and ambient temperatures.
General supervision is received from Night Warehouse Manager.
Supervision of receivers, forklifts, selectors, loaders, order checkers, driver check in and clerks.
- Bachelor degree in Management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is preferred.
- 5 years of previous experience working within a distribution warehouse environment is required. Food Service experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. regularly is required.
- Excellent communication & leadership skills are required.
- Ability to operate Tiny Term and BFC Dakota system.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification within 3 months of acceptance.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- Beginning skill in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn European Imports and Sysco technology software and programs.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Lee Gersch at 847-979-7650
or via email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
European Imports is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through European Imports. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of European Imports.Employment Type: Full Time