Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assistant Market Manager (Bilingual)
Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a bilingual Assistant Market Manager. This position Manages clerical duties involved with shipments from order entry to clearance in country. This includes but is not limited to order entry, shipment preparation for operations, customer communication, coordination of product inspection, preparation of certificates & final documents, arrangement of freight and responsibility for legal exportation of goods from the USA and customs clearance in the destination country.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
This Assistant Market Manager may also be responsible for:
- Monitoring and printing emails for new or altered orders, book outgoing shipments with freight forwarder and logistics and keeping Market Manager abreast of changes.
- Creating and maintaining a complex filing system, ensuring next day warehouse and sales folders are up to date; submits information to warehouse for selecting and shipping.
- Ordering free sales and certificates for documentation for folders and files; preparing health analysis.
- Ensuring all bookings are complete in system and creating master bill of lading.
- Confirming orders with sales and coordinating all approvals needed to move an order to live status
- Completing site draft to secure payment from applicable international bank. Re-ordering blank template forms as necessary.
- Communicating via telephone and email with freight forwarder. Document steps taken.
- Proofing bookings.
- Completing SED files after containers ship, revising as necessary to meet government requirements.
- Updating master checklist upon completion of each task; using spreadsheets to determine what follow up is necessary and ensuring all missing information is located and recorded.
- Creating a copy of all documents for file once all required documentation has been completed.
- Tracking drafts and credits to ensure customer receives credit due and ensuring credit is not applied more than once.
- Escalating customer issues to Market Manager as appropriate.
- Entering daily items requiring labels and schedule on shared calendar.
- Developing and updating forms, documents, and templates to create consistent tracking and communication tools.
- Preparing files for storage.
This Assistant Market Manager must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, have 1 year of experience in administrative support, and effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English. Must be able to think critically under pressure in an environment that will be loud and busy.
The Assistant Market Manager must be:
- Able to operate computer, Microsoft applications, use AS400 and warehouse management systems.
- Bilingual in Spanish / English strongly strongly preferred.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time