Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Analyst, Global Tax
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Senior Income Tax Analyst will be focused on assisting and supporting Sysco’s global tax compliance and risk management objectives. In Sysco’s US international tax area, this position will support the preparation of US federal income tax compliance for our global operations, planning, forecasting/modeling, tax research and special projects. Information prepared by the Senior Analyst – Global Tax will be utilized by management as necessary in connection with business decisions, as well as external auditors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Analyst would be involved in the following:
- Gather relevant data to prepare work papers, analyze tax sensitive general ledger accounts and calculate and document book-tax differences, global inclusions, foreign tax credits, etc.
- Assist in gathering the information and reviewing the Form 5471s for controlled foreign corporations for US Federal tax return filings.
- Calculating taxable dividends, §78 Gross-Up, PTI, §956 Income, §986(c) and §987 gains & losses and Subpart F income as well modeling of impacts of new tax reform GILTI, FDII, etc.
- Assist OECD and BEPS compliance. Includes preparing notifications, completing country-by-country reporting and gathering information required for Master and Local file preparation by consultants when applicable.
- Working with Tax Planning team members and outside consultants on special transactions and worldwide tax planning to provide tax and operational efficiencies.
- Participate in the preparation and review of international quarterly and annual ASC740 calculations and analysis.
- Coordinate and some preparation of international return to provision calculation.
- Prepare foreign inclusions for US federal and state estimates.
- Perform tax research and draft memos on federal, state and international tax issues under guidance of Senior Manager and/or Senior Director.
- Research and draft response to notices from taxing authorities.
- Keep current on the latest tax developments, including regulations, case law and policies.
- Identify, analyze and recommend process improvement opportunities and contribute to develop deliverable solutions.
Estimated Specific Responsibility Breakdown:
- US International reporting and modeling - 60%
- Other compliance support – 15%
- Research and special projects – 25%
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, or Taxation; advanced degree a plus.
- 4-5 years of corporate income tax experience with a Public Accounting Firm and/or in Private Industry Consolidated C Corporation tax return or tax provision preparation experience with a US Multinational.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CPA and/or in Masters in Tax/Accounting preferred but not required.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, and complete work timely and accurately.
- Experience with tax research, preferably CCH.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Microsoft Excel that includes Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Vlookups, and creating custom formulas.
- Knowledge and experience of international taxation & financing and international or foreign ownership structures.
- Knowledge and experience with U.S., Canadian or European tax planning/compliance matters.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time